Through Kiva Zip, an online loan crowdfunding platform, you can access 0% interest small business loans up to $5,000 initially. Kiva Zip loans are crowdfunded by people around the globe who lend as little as $25 to support your small business – connecting you with customers, community, and capital.
Since Rhode Island Avenue NE Main Street is a Kiva Zip trustee and LISC DC partner, it can tell you more about Kiva Zip helping to grow your business!
Borrowers in the RIA Corridor may be eligible for LISC loan matching funds while supplies last.
As a Kiva Zip borrower, you’ll be able to…
- Qualify for a loan based on your character and network.
- Access 0% interest, no fee loans up to $5,000, repaid over two years.
- Interact with your supporters and boost brand exposure.
- Finance new product lines, purchase equipment and inventory, buy a food truck, ramp up your marketing, and much more!
How do you qualify for a Kiva Zip loan?
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You cannot currently be in bankruptcy or foreclosure.
- You must be able to create a PayPal account.
- Show your support to the Kiva community by lending $25 to another fundraising borrower.
- Before your loan is posted live on the Kiva Zip website, you must secure lenders from your own personal network as a sign of your character and trustworthiness.
How do you apply?
- To apply for a Kiva Zip loan, visitvisit www.borrowers.kivazip.org
- To learn more about Kiva Zip, visit http://zip.kiva.org