Rhode Island Avenue NE Main Street is one of ten Main Street programs across the District of Columbia – each working toward the positive redevelopment of our city’s traditional business districts.
Rhode Island Avenue NE Main Street focuses on:
- Revitalizing Rhode Island Avenue NE between 3rd St. NE & Eastern Avenue
- Improving commercial properties and streetscapes
- Promoting local businesses through special events and festivals
- Creating new jobs and attracting new locally-owned businesses
Success of the DC Main Streets Program
As a result of the DC Main Streets program, the District has seen an increase in new businesses and jobs. In addition, facade improvements and building rehabilitation projects have upgraded the image of the commercial corridors, while marketing and branding efforts have resulted in additional exposure and increased market share.
In 2012, DC Main Streets programs generated 471 jobs, 29 new businesses, and 31 rehabilitation projects – a total of $51Million in value for our city. It’s time for that success to take hold along the RIA corridor.
Learn more about how RIA Main Street can help you:
- Current business or property owners
- Potential business or property owners
- Community members