Small Business Saturday is November 25!
Take advantage of Small Business Saturday to connect with customers both new and old. RIA Main Street has materials available to help you promote the event in your store and online.
CONTACT US if you would like to schedule a time to pick up your Shop Small Swag!
Here are some ideas to help you get going:
PROMOTE BEFORE THANKSGIVING
- Post on social media. RIAMS has collected some useful digital resources for you HERE
- Advertise in store. RIAMS has promotional materials available – email us to pick up yours!
- Remember that customers may be less engaged Wednesday-Friday due to Thanksgiving. Plan ahead to capture their attention
RUN A SPECIAL
- Promote a product (Ex: gift cards, special gift sets for the holidays, etc)
- Run a giveaway (Ex: first 20 customers get a free gift)
- Offer a special discount (Ex: free appetizer, drink special, coupon, etc)
ENGAGE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Use hashtag #shopsmall (national campaign) and #shopsmallDC, #shopDC, #showURlocal (DC local campaigns) on your posts before Small Business Saturday
- Encourage customers to take a selfie and tag your business and #shopsmallRIA or #founditonRIA
- Don’t forget to ‘like’, repost, and thank those who post from your business!
SHOW SUPPORT FOR NEIGHBOR BUSINESSES
- Find out what other businesses are participating in Small Business Saturda around you
- Offer a special discount for customers who shopped with another RIA small business on Small Business Saturday
Find out more information about the national campaign HERE